We value your privacy and the trust you have placed in us and we do whatever necessary to provide the best services but not at the cost of violating your privacy. This policy covers how we use your personal information.
At Turkey Campus, the users’ privacy is taken very seriously and all possible measures are taken to protect their personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fill the user’s order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone. This document shows how Turkey Campus uses your personal information and data, and lists contact details for further questions regarding the privacy and security of your information.
What kind of personal information does Turkey Campus use?
At the time of signing up for an account on Turkeycampus.com, you are asked for your name, email address, date of birth, country and how you learnt about Turkey Campus. By taking a further step and applying throw us to a university (or an institution), you will be required to submit additional information such as: your academic history, test information and some sort of payment information according to the payment method you choose and other similar information needed for the application.
When you visit Turkeycampus.com, regardless of whether or not you have signed up, we may collect some information such as: your IP address; what kind of operating system and browser you’re using; your language settings and pages that have been shown to you; whether or not you are using a mobile device; and possibly your latitude/longitude details.
If you have chosen to make an application through Turkey Campus, our system registers the means and the websites you have made your application through. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
How does Turkey Campus collect, use and share your personal data and why we need to?
- Application information: Turkey Campus need to use the personal data to complete the application of the user and to administer the user’s online application. This information has to be also transferred to the universities you have chosen as a part of the application process.
- International consultancy and customer service: Your personal information may be accessed by Turkey Campus counselors and customer service employees to facilitate an interactive communication between the user and our counselors and employees around the globe. This way, the counselors would be able to assist you better in finding the best programs and universities fitting your specific situation and circumstances and responding to any specific questions you might have about your application. Customer service would be able to give more specific answers for inquiries made regarding the website, our offices, partners or similar information.
- Account administration: An account and a student ID will be provided on our website to enable us to use your information in order to manage and monitor your application throughout the application period. You may also edit and change your information and applications before submission; you will be able to view and remain updated on the application and directly check in person on the processes and communication between us and the universities you have had us apply for on your behalf.
- Marketing purposes: As permitted by the law and as indicated in Turkeycampus.com terms and conditions, we may use some of your information in online/offline marketing activities such as photos/images you have uploaded.
- Service Improvement Analytics: we may use your personal data for analytical purposes in order to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services.
When would Turkey Campus use your contact information and how?
Turkey Campus may communicate with you through email, phone, text messaging, or video call depending on the urgency and importance of the issue and your preference using the provided contact information.
This is most likely to happen in, but not limited to, the following cases:
1. In case you have made a request, a quick response will be communicated to you through one of your contact details.
2. In case an opportunity, an offer or a service is deemed suitable for your profile or potentially interesting for you or in case you have willingly chosen to subscribe for our newsletter, we may send you these news, offers or information.
3. In case it is considered crucial to inform you about an update or relevant information regarding your application, we may send you a reminder to finalize your application i.e. before the deadline, information you might need before your departure or advice on how to get the most out of your study time.
How does Turkey Campus use social media?
We use social media to expand our circle of customers and improve our services. We have integrated social media plugins into Turkey Campus website. Thus, you have the choice to use one of them to sign up for a Turkey Campus account, sharing with us relevant information such as your basic information and email address.
Your social media app or website will inform you of the exact data it is sharing with Turkey Campus. This enables us to personalize our website to better meet your needs and improves your experience. Upon linking one of your social media accounts to your account on Turkey Campus, you will be allowed to sign in using these social media accounts. Every social media provider has its own terms and conditions to process your data in such cases.
When does Turkey Campus share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, Turkey Campus may need to share your personal data with third parties.
Universities or Institutes: upon applying for a program in a university or an institute you give us your consent to share only relevant information solely with that university or institute in order to process your application.
Third-party service providers: Turkey Campus may decide to have a service provider (such as “data processors”) process some of your personal data strictly on our behalf. These processors are bound by legal confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their purposes or any other purpose. The services of these third-party providers may be required for supporting purposes such as facilitating your payment or analyzing data for service improvements
What security procedures does Turkey Campus have in place to secure your personal information?
According to international law, we preclude, to the best of our ability, any unauthorized access to or misuse of your personal data. We apply appropriate business procedures and systems to ensure the security of your information. We utilize security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel may be permitted to access your personal data during their work only.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Turkey Campus?
You can remain updated, and recheck your personal information on Turkey Campus. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please, write ‘Request personal information’ in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal data. At your request, we will readily update any old or incorrect information we may have on your personal information.