It is the first university established in modern Turkey, Ankara University. It was established in 1925 and the beginning of the study there was in 1933. It is considered a symbol in the field of university education in Turkey due to its scientific and historical position, as it was established by an order of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of the Turkish Republic.
Ankara University is affiliated with the Turkish Council of Higher Education and internationally recognized.
About the university, and its majors:
- Ankara is one of the largest Turkish universities. It has 18 Faculties, 11 high Institutes, a Conservatoire-- or Higher Institute for Music, 14 Scientific Institutes and 49 Research Centers. These numbers are really huge, and show how the university is strong and large.
- It is very normal that academic staff at the university has reached 4191 between professors and assistant professors, distributed over a number of students reached 67,000 students and about 182,000 graduates so far.
- Ankara University is distinguished with having the Faculties of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering with all its majors, Political Science and Law in both English and Turkish.
The study programs at the university:
Ankara University has:
- 113 Bachelor’s programs,
- 48 majors for Higher Institutes,
- 333 Master’s Programs,
- And 246 Ph.D. Programs.
For Masters and Ph.D. degrees:
- Ankara University has the majors of Medicine, Forensic Medicine, the Institute of liver disease, the Institute of Stem Cells, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nuclear Science, Technology, and Social Science with all majors in both Turkish and English.
- The eligibility requirements for the university vary from one program to another.
For example, in some majors, the bachelor’s degree may require tests such as YOS and SAT tests. And some majors of graduate programs require tests such as GMAT, ALES and Language Proficiency Certificates.
The university tuition fees:
The tuition fees for the last academic year were:
- 37,500 Liras for Medicine in English
- 25,000 Liras for Medicine in the Turkish.
- 18,000 Liras for Dentistry.
- 22,500 Liras for Pharmacy in English.
- 15,000 Liras for pharmacy in Turkish.
- 7,000 Liras for the College of Nursing.
- Engineering majors vary from 10 to 15 thousand Liras.
- Literary disciplines vary from 6,500 to 7,000 Liras.
- Higher Institutes range from 4,500 to 6,000 Liras annually.
About the city:
- Ankara University Campus is located in Paşayevler; one of the most crowded areas with students as Gazi and and Hacı Bayram Veli Universities are located in the same area.
- Arriving at the university is very easy as there are Ankaray metro line and more than one metro station in front of the university.
The cost of living:
- It is always known that capitals have high cost of living. Surprisingly, Ankara is one of the cheapest large cities in Turkey.
- The three largest scientific and industrial cities in Turkey are Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir Ankara is the cheapest regarding the cost of living.
- Rental prices of a two-room apartment in Ankara start from 700 liras, depending on the area where you will live.
- Ankara has four metro lines linking the whole city, and a very large bus network, and of course, at a reduced price for students.
- The cost of living in a shared housing in Ankara, including eating and drinking, could be 1,000 Liras per month. Indeed this varies according to your lifestyle and personal expenses.
About the capital, Ankara:
- Staying in the capital will facilitate for you, as a student, your legal and official matters because it has all the Ministries and Authorities. Besides, Ankara is the second industrial city in Turkey.
- Ankara is 5 hours away from Istanbul by car, 7 hours by bus, 4 hours by train and, one hour by plane. It costs about 80 liras by bus, 65 liras by train, and about 90 liras by plane as there is a flight for Istanbul every hour from its international airport.
And as your future matters to us, contact us to reserve your academic seat at Ankara University. Trust that Turkey Campus is the best place for consultancy and educational advice in Turkey. It provides you with information honestly and professionally and helps you step by step from the beginning of your application until guaranteeing your university acceptance, arrival in Ankara, and your settlement. Apply now!
To benefit from our registration services, please contact us via the page messages or through WhatsApp messages: 0090541582295, WhatsApp Group.
follow us through the: Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Group, YouTube channel.
The most important pages
Transportation in Istanbul4 months ago
Undergraduate Specialization Series | Specializing in Interior Architecture and Environmental Design4 months ago
The First Guide | Advantages of the Turkish scholarship4 months ago
Biruni University4 months ago
Fourth Guide | Admission Requirements for Turkish Universities4 months ago
TED University4 months ago