The seventh Guide | Studying engineering specialties in Turkey
Studying Engineering specialties is a dream that entices many students and their parents, despite the difference in countries and languages. Therefore, we will shed light on the study of Engineering specialties in Turkey due to Turkish universities' distinguished educational levels.
- The degrees of official and accredited Turkish universities are internationally recognized because Turkey relies on its curricula on two important matters, the first of which is: the Bologna Agreement for Curriculum of Study, and the second is: the approved grading system “ECTS European Credit Transfer System.”
- Turkey has 207 governmental and private universities, and about 70 of them are private universities.
- Most of the private universities teach majors in the English language, but 95% of them are located in Istanbul and Ankara, for example, universities such as Bahçeşehir, Medipol, Okan, Altınbaş, Istinye, and others. And in Ankara, there are universities such as Atilim, Medipol Ankara, Ostem Technical, TED, and others.
- Universities in Turkey have about 40 of engineering disciplines ranging from Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Medical Engineering, etc. So you will have various options to choose.
- What distinguishes engineering disciplines in Turkey is the existence of laboratories and the enormous available facilities, which help students to study in a climate suitable for their field of study.
As for universities, they are divided into two types:
- The acceptance to private universities is effortless and fast, meaning that you can obtain the acceptance to a university where the conditions are easy and straightforward, the most important of which are:
- You had a high school diploma recognized in your country.
- A copy of the passport and a transcript of degrees.
- The tuition fees at private universities: very suitable compared to those in European universities, as average expenses start from:
- $3,000 annually, such as: Medibol University, and up to about $7,900, such as: Bahçeşehir University in Istanbul.
- Sometimes there are special discounts with some university agents, for example: at Ostim Technical University, if you apply through a certified agent to the university, such as Turkey Campus, you can study Computer Engineering, or Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or Industrial Engineering and receive a partial grant of about 85% and your tuition fees only reach $2,000 annually.
- There are about 110 public universities in Turkey, engineering disciplines are available in English and Turkish in all universities and distributed in all its states.
- Admission to public universities is straightforward, but admission to technical or global universities is rather challenging.
- The best public universities in engineering disciplines are The Middle East Technical University and Istanbul Technical University in Istanbul.
- Let me make a significant point, the difference between the right to apply for engineering specialty and your acceptance rate:
Most public universities do not require any additional tests, but your high school diploma is sufficient to apply, but is it enough for your acceptance? It's challenging and even impossible due to the increased competitiveness, so you'll have a great chance to be accepted if you:
- Hold a high score in any of the international tests, such as the SAT test.
- You have a very high GPA or one of the top, for example, in your school or province.
- Or you have a high score in the “YOS,” which is a test conducted by Turkish universities, individually by each university, in mathematics and IQ, and the application to it takes place at the beginning of March every year.
The tuition fees at public universities for engineering disciplines start from $200 annually at some universities and up to $3,000 or more annually at some Universities that teach in English.
In the next article, we will provide you with information about the admission requirements, costs of living, available universities and other. This series of articles will be as a comprehensive guide to students looking forward to studying in Turkey. This series was prepared in collaboration with Nafham, the biggest free online crowdsourced educational platform in Egypt and the Middle East that provides online learning and, explanation of the mandated public curriculum and support to youth and students in order to develop their life skills; and Turkey Campus Foundation for student services, a an accredited agent of many Turkish universities in the field of educational counselling. Turkey Campus can help you apply for its partner Turkish universities and guarantee you get accepted there. It also helps you get exclusive over 50% discounts on your annual tuition fees through its partnership with many distinguished universities.
Don't forget to read the rest of the series' articles, and watch our videos on this Link.
You can now contact us to take advantage of our services that we provide to our students and to reserve your seat. Apply Now!
The most important pages
Transportation in Istanbul4 months ago
Undergraduate Specialization Series | Specializing in Interior Architecture and Environmental Design4 months ago
The First Guide | Advantages of the Turkish scholarship4 months ago
Biruni University4 months ago
Fourth Guide | Admission Requirements for Turkish Universities4 months ago
TED University4 months ago